Vendavel Fortress is a marked location in south-western Chersonese along the coast line. The large fortress is home to the Vendavel Warlords Balira, Crock and Rospa, as well as the Kazite Bandits. The entrance to the fortress is in the middle of the visible wall on the coast, and appears to lead onto a beach.
The main area of the fortress is where the player will enter to from the beach. In the first room they will find two Guards to the right blocking the door, as well as the Warlord Crock to the left seated at a table. Without the Vendavel Key (or Vendavel Prison Key if in the prison) the rest of the main fortress area is inaccessible, and the player will either need to defeat Crock, progress through the Vendavel Quest, or be sent to prison in order to see more of the fortress.
There is a unique mechanic in the Vendavel Fortress related to the player's choices with combat - a hidden "aggression level". Each time you engage in combat you gain a point or two on this level, and if you reach a level of 5 the entire Fortress (apart from the Prisoners) will become aggressive towards you. Being defeated - whether you are sent to Prison or thrown out the Hole - will reduce your aggression level by 2.
The Vendavel Prison is an area of the Vendavel Fortress.
- See the Prison page for more details.
Upon first entering the Fortress, the player can talk to Crock, who will send the player to jail if they accept his hospitality. The other warlords, Balira and Rospa can be found further into the Fortress, but require progress in the Vendavel Quest, or the Vendavel Key to access.
Note: Aside from the Vendavel Prisoners, ALL of the NPCs in the Fortress can become aggressive!
In the Prison area:
- Titatrok the Cook
- Vendavel's Nurse
- 3x Vendavel Bandit
- 3x Vendavel Archer
- 4x Vendavel Prisoner (they are all different. See the Vendavel Prisoner page for more details)
There is an Ornate Chest on the first main floor, directly ahead after you pass through the first locked gate near Crock.
To access the Ornate Chest, there is a small puzzle involving 6 ropes. You must pull the correct rope in order to unlock the Ornate Chest. Other ropes will cause the floor beneath your feet to disappear, dropping you into Trog Infiltration.
- The solution to the puzzle (pictured) can be found on a prison bed, next to the prison vendor.
- You must pull the south-eastern rope to unlock the chest.
- 3x Junk Pile
- 2x Looter's Corpse
- 1x Chest
- 2x Black Chests will be interactable, but empty. If the player was transported to the prison due to a defeat scenario, this is where their pocket inventory and any equipped items will be stored. Player backpack(s) will also be found near these chests.
- 10 Mining Pick - on a table in the Jail area
Exterior of the main Vendavel Fortress, beyond the entrance