|See also: Guidelines, administrators|
This page is an official policy on Outward Wiki.
This policy is considered a standard to be followed by all users.
Outward Wiki definition of vandalism
This is the definition of [Outward Wiki:Vandalism|vandalism]] for the purposes of this policy:
- Removing valid content without explanation or an explanation that makes no sense.
- Items listed in the Do not post policy.
- Pretending to remove other vandalism content in order to prevent cleaning. This includes minor edits or minor removals while leaving a bulk of unwanted content ("spam"), but making a comment as if you removed the unwanted content.
An act of vandalism can be removed or reverted with only a comment in the edit summary identifying the type of vandalism (usually spam, unexplained deletes, etc.). Disagreement with the edit should be posted in the related discussion page. Cleaners will be added to the honorary Cleaners category, unless they request to be removed.
Record of vandals
Vandals should have their user name added to the known vandals list with a note on the type or level of vandalism and optionally any cleaning information.
Template:Warningtemplates Blocking by an admin will occur after a certain number of acts of vandalism, the length of time will depend on the number of acts, and a note to that effect will be added to known vandals list:
- If the user is seen to be posting with non-malicious intent, they should get a warning from the admin before a block occurs.
- If the vandalizing user is obviously controlled by a bot, the block will be indefinite.
|# of Acts Vandalism||Block Time|
|1 act||7 days (168 hours)|
|5 acts||1 - 3 months|
|10 acts||1 year|
|20+ acts||∞ (permanent)|
Note that the above list is a guide and the length will also depend on the style of the vandalism.
For reference you can look at the list of currently blocked users or the log of users who have been blocked.
Appealing a block
Appealing a block may be done in a few ways:
- On your talk page (if it is un-blocked)
- By e-mailing an administrator (or other direct method to contact the admin if it is available)