- From Berg, in the Blue Chamber building. There are steps below the circular platform in the middle of the chamber which lead to the door into Necropolis
- From Ancestor's Resting Place, however you can only enter if you have first passed through from the Necropolis into Ancestor's Resting Place, as there is a locked door which can only be opened from the Necropolis side.
- The ladder leading into Ancestor's Resting Place appears after the events of the attack on Berg in your faction quest-line. For members of the Heroic Kingdom who prevent the attack, this ladder will never appear.
When the player first enters, they may assume this is only a small, one-room dungeon. However after the events of Whispering Bones (or the 3rd quest for other factions), the lower area will be accessible.
The ladder to Ancestor's Resting Place appears after the attack on Berg. The door to the rest of Ancestor's Resting Place must be unlocked from the Necropolis side first, by pulling the lever near the Bandit Slaves. For members of the Heroic Kingdom who prevented the attack, this ladder will never appear.
The bottom level is a larger area with more Ghosts, and down the hallway can be found an embalming room with Cremeuh Ayere. If you have collected all the Blue Skull Effigies, Cremeuh will reward you with an Ornate Bone Shield.
The large blue tree (Rotwood Tree) in this lower area is similar to the Compasswood Tree at The Walled Garden. If the player 'uses' their Compasswood Staff with the Rotwood Tree, it will be converted to a Rotwood Staff.
- 5 Greasy Fern - on the second level of the Necropolis, in one of the rooms on your left with a Blue Skull Effigy
- Marsh Bandit x2 (during the attack on Berg)
- Several Ghost (Purple) and Ghost (Red), both as static enemies, and as spawns when the player is deeper in the Necropolis. They will spawn when the player takes the Blue Skull Effigies off the pedestals.