|Mouths to Feed|
This quest has a timer of between 25 and 35 days, depending on whether or not you chose to help the Slums during Sand Corsairs (35 if you did, 25 if you chose "a favor we can call whenever we need it").
If you do not solve the matters of this quest (ie. pay the Caravanner to deliver the Marshmelons) in the time frame, you will not obtain Alchemical Experiment, and several NPCs in the Slums will die including:
Following the events of Sand Corsairs, Calixa informs us that Sirocco is no longer able to supply the region with food, and that the Holy Mission has stepped in to help, though it is not enough. The food they are able to send is very limited, due to the extreme heat of the desert. She will ask you to assist Kirouac in finding a solution in Monsoon, by speaking to the alchemist Laine.
|“||Talk to Calixa, in Levant’s Palace.||„|
- You can choose option 2 to forfeit the quest and begin Mouths to Feed.
- If you have not yet started the investigation, it will not be possible to begin Blood Under The Sun at this point.
|“||Go to the city of Monsoon, using a small boat in the northern docks of the Hallowed Marsh.
Talk with Monsoon’s alchemist, Laine Aberforth.
- On your way to Monsoon, it is advised to gather 5 Marshmelon and 1 Phytosaur Horn if possible.
- To save time, you can enter the Spire of Light when you enter the Marsh, and acquire the Ornate Granite Tablet
Head to Monsoon by first traveling to Enmerkar Forest, then north into Hallowed Marsh. You can then either go through Ziggurat Passage, fall off into the swamp and get a defeat scenario then travel to Monsoon, or simply run across the swamp water to safety if you have enough Life Potions or decay resistance.
|“||Bring Monsoon’s alchemist 5 raw Marshmelons and 1 Phytosaur Horn.
Return to the alchemist in half a day.
- Click here for a map showing Marshmelon locations.
Give the items to Laine and wait 12 hours for the experiment to finish, then talk to him again.
- The quest journal will not update after waiting 12 hours.
As a reward from Laine, you receive:
|“||Talk to the Soroborean Caravanner in Monsoon.||„|
Speak to the nearby Soroborean Caravanner
- Choose option 2: "I'd like to talk." and 2: "I need to talk to you about ending the famine in Levant."
Spire of Light
|“||Bring an ancient tablet to the Soroborean Caravanner.
The artifact is inside the Spire, in the Marsh’s south-east.
The Ornate Granite Tablet can be found on the second-highest level of the dungeon, one below the Light Mender boss. You will need to pull all 4 of the barrier levers in the main area to deactivate the barrier around the Ornate Granite Tablet.
It is not required to fight the Light Mender on the top level to pull the final lever, simply escape the dialogue and keep going forward, then head back down one level and claim the tablet.
- In some cases, you may experience a bug where the barrier does not disappear after activating all levers. Sleep or re-enter the scene to fix it.
- Pulling the barrier levers will also trigger the quest Strange Apparitions.
With the Ornate Granite Tablet acquired, make your way back to Monsoon.
|“||Pay 300 silver to the Soroborean Caravanner.||„|
- If you asked Clayton for a "favor we can call whenever we need it", you will not need to pay this fee.
|“||Report to Queen Calixa, in the Palace in Levant, in Abrassar Desert.||„|
- 1 Ornate Pistol
- 2 Gold Ingot
- Alchemical Experiment, a passive skill that increases all damage dealt by 15%.
The following NPCs will die in the Slums: