Mana is one of three Vitals in Outward, represented by the blue circular bar in the bottom left corner of screen.
Characters do not start the game with Mana. Mana can be obtained permanently on any characters through a Ley Line, such as the one at Conflux Chambers. A small quest is completed from obtaining mana, called Acquire Mana.
- Obtaining Mana-related passives will not "activate" Mana. The passive will be gained as soon as Mana is unlocked.
- The player can come back at any time and sacrifice more Health and Stamina for Mana if they wish, it is not a one-time sacrifice.
Mana does not regenerate automatically, it can be regained through various methods such as:
- Mana Ratio Recovery, a mana-restoring effect gained from many sources
- Directly through potions, such as: Astral Potion, Great Astral Potion and Gep's Drink
- Leyline Connection passive skill
- Needs: Tired and Needs: Very Tired status effects
- Rain , Arcane Unison and Inheritance of the Past enchantments
Sleeping will burn 5% of max mana per 1 hour of sleep, up to a maximum of 50% burnt mana.
Casting spells restores a small amount of burnt mana.
Consumables which restore burnt mana:
Increasing Maximum Mana
Other than by using the Leyline at Conflux Chambers, players can also increase their maximum mana with passive skills, such as:
- Spellblade's Awakening - increases maximum mana by 15
- Well of Mana - increases maximum mana by 40
- Peacemaker Elixir - increases maximum mana by 20
- Ancestors' Memories - increases maximum mana by 25
Mana Cost Reduction
Mana cost reduction is an attribute found on equipment, or gained from skills and effects.
- Divine Assistance and Sanctified Assistance - reduces the mana cost of actions by 10% and 5% respectively.
- Exalted - reduces the mana cost of actions by 30%.
Some popular mana-cost reducing Equipment includes: