Health (also known as health points, hit points, or HP) is one of three Vitals in Outward, represented by the red circular bar in the bottom left corner of screen.
Starting with a base maximum of 100, Health represents the amount of damage one can take before receiving a defeat scenario. Characters can regain health in number of ways, including consuming certain food, potions, and resting. Health does not regenerate over time naturally. Maximum health can be decreased and increased permanently on any characters through the Leyline found in Conflux Chambers and a variety of Skills.
Health does not regenerate on its own. Health can be restored from:
- Life Potion, Great Life Potion, Gep's Drink and Ragoût du Marais (as well as Miasmapod and Boiled Miasmapod)
- Runic Heal (Restores additional health over time if the player has Runic Prefix)
- Vampiric weapons
- Infuse Blood
Health over time
The different effects can be stacked.
- Health Recovery. Health Recovery can be obtained from many sources, mainly Food .
- Wolf Medic Set
- Healing Water
- Calygrey Bone Cage
Through receiving damage, passing out and other means, a portion of maximum Health can become "Burnt", preventing Health from fully regenerating through Healing.
Burnt Health is indicated by the dark-red portion of the health bar. It can be recovered with resting, and from:
Increasing Maximum Health
Players can increase their maximum health through Passives:
- Fitness Increases your maximum Health by 25 and the amount of Health you restore while sleeping by 20%.
- Spellblade Awakening Increases your maximum Health, Stamina and Mana by 15 each.
- Survivor's Resilience Increases your maximum health by 40.
- Blood of Giants Increases your maximum health by 40.
- Peacemaker Elixir Increases maximum health by 20.
- Kirouac's Breakthrough Increases max Health by 25 and Physical damage by 15%.
Decreasing Maximum Health
Leyline at the Conflux Chambers can reduce the player's maximum health:
- Characters can trade 5 Health (and 5 Stamina) for 20 Mana.
Players can decrease their maximum health through Passives:
- Unsealed Decreases max Health by 25 while increasing the speed and duration of Sigils.