|Call to Adventure|
Castaway is the first main quest in Outward.
This quest starts immediately when the player begins their game. A backstory is provided which explains the situation in which the player finds themseleves:
|“||All my life, I've lived within the safety of Cierzo, spared the brutality of the world outside. But life in Aurai is never that easy. For all the safety that my tribe provides, our laws are harsh. We are judged not as individuals, but as bloodlines.
The failures of my bloodline weigh heavy on me. My grandmother brought ruin to our tribe long ago, bringing a heavy Blood Price upon my family. We've paid the debt caused by her actions ever since.
I joined an expedition across the sea with my old friend Yzan, hoping the money made there would be enough to clear my debts. This was a mistake. I'm lucky to still be breathing after our ship hit rocks on the return voyage.
Now, I have no choice but to pick myself up yet again and face the wild, untamed land outside the walls. I must carve out my own future, or die trying.
|“||Find someone who can help||„|
- 4 Makeshift Torches and Tattered Attire
- Gaberries, which can be harvested by holding down the 'Interact' button
Continue until you reach a stream.
- You can drink the Clean Water to acquire a stamina regen buff.
- Down the stream on the left, there is a Fishing Harpoon at the end.
|“||Rest in one of the campsite bedrolls||„|
Head up the hill towards the camp to find Yzan Argenson, the player's close friend. Yzan is glad to see us alive, and tells us to warm up by the campfire. Yzan informs us that Eto made it out alive and has gone to Cierzo to get help.
- At the camp, take the Bandages and Bread
- Loot the junk pile on the beach below Yzan (drop down or walk around to the left of Yzan)
South-west of the camp there is an opening into another area which contains two Hyenas, as well as other various items.
- Take the Machete, and optionally run past the hyenas and loot the Hollowed Trunk by the back of the grassed area
- The hyenas can drop Predator Bones, if you are confident fighting them.
- The Fishing Harpoon is the most effective weapon available in the tutorial to defeat the Hyenas
- Down the stream in this area (opposite side of the Fishing Harpoon), there is a Mining Pick at the end.
When you are ready, return to the camp and sleep for at least one hour in the bedroll to complete the quest.
If "stuck" command was used:
- You will have severely burned Vitals. However, you can rest in the bed to restore them if you wish.
- Using the "Stuck" command will also finish the quest.