A strange floating creature which uses elemental projectiles to attack the player. They can be found outdoors in the Antique Plateau region, as well as in various dungeons in the region.
- Arcane Elemental (Ethereal)
- Arcane Elemental (Decay)
- Arcane Elemental (Lightning)
- Arcane Elemental (Frost)
- Arcane Elemental (Fire)
Antique Plateau Puzzle
The "Clocktower Puzzle" in exterior Antique Plateau is a way to acquire lots of Elemental Particles quickly.
- Go to the Downtown Clock and look at the color of the effect on the altar. You don't need to do any quests before this. If there's no effect, sleep for seven days in a city or dungeon to reset the exterior area.
- Go to the area with the Lamppost of the same color as the effect (map shown). Somewhere in the general area you should find an elemental of that type. While the light is on, an elemental of that color will be in the area. If the light changes color during the journey, the elemental will go away.
- Once you kill the elemental (the element must be killed while the desired color is lit), return to the altar. Exit to main menu and re-enter, or sleep for an hour, and the color of the altar should change. If you hit upon the same color as an elemental you've already killed, repeat until it changes to one you haven't encountered.
- Once you kill one of each of the five elementals, go to the altar one last time, the altar should now burn with a white flame (if not, reload by going to the menu again).
- Go to the Duvernay plaza. Five Arcane Elementals will spawn around it, each of which will drop a guaranteed 2 Particles as well as their regular loot.